Job Posting OPEN
Part Time or Full Time, Sales Associate - Portland Congress St. Cigaret Shopper
The Cigaret Shopper has 21 locations across Maine and is a growing retail store. Not only do we offer a variety of products and customer friendly cigar lounges, we take pride in our dedication to quality products and great customer service.
Cigaret Shopper offers a variety of opportunities and benefits for employees. If you want to join a team atmosphere and let your customer service skills shine please review the employment opportunity below.
Sales Associate Job Summary:
A retail sales associate is responsible for selling merchandise and assisting customers in finding the right product. Day-to-day duties include customer service tasks such as welcoming shoppers, offering assistance, making recommendations, answering questions and explaining the features of products. Other common duties include operating cash registers, bagging products, stocking shelves, marking price tags, and preparing displays.
· Adherence to State and Federal guidelines for ID compliance and product sales requirements.
· Adherence to company policies and procedures.
· Accurate processing of transactions on cash register and lottery machine.
· Includes daily lottery sales and reports, accountability or cash, credit card transactions, checks, coupons and end of shift register counts.
· Accurate knowledge of all products and product uses.
· Assisting with or completing assembly of floor displays and store flyers.
· Suggestive selling of add on items and product promotions.
· Inventory re-stalking and product rotation.
· Consistent cleaning of store.
· Includes cleaning of bathroom, floors, product displays, counters, glass windows/doors, and product dusting.
· Consistent cleaning of outdoor store front and parking area.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
At least 1 year of related experience preferred.
Pay and Benefits:
Hourly at $17.75
Bi Weekly Incentives
Accrued Time Off
Short Term Disability
401K after 1 year of employment
Cigaret Shopper is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.